Church Planting Proposal
Writing a Church Plant Proposal by Randy Knutson Instructions: The following is an outline for a written proposal. Think through each section. Create a written description for each item and compile them in the following order:
1. WHY START A NEW CHURCH?
- a. State your calling
- b. State what kind of church you envision
- c. Demonstrate the need for new church
- e. Explain why you are the founding church planter
2. WHO IS MY MINISTRY FOCUS GROUP?
- a. Describe your target group
- b. Describe the community needs
- c. Include appropriate demographics
- d. Describe your reasons for selecting your location site.
3. WHAT KIND OF CHURCH ARE WE TRYING TO PLANT?
- a. State your core values
- b. State and expand your mission statement
- c. Describe your church's ministry style
- d. Define your ministry model
- e. Draw your ministry flow chart
4. WITH WHOM WILL YOU PLANT THIS CHURCH?
- a. Describe your ideal launch team
- b. Include a profile of any confirmed ministry partners
- b. Define the specific roles your expect to fill
- c. List the team members you will need
5. HOW AND WHEN WILL YOU PLANT THIS CHURCH?
- a. Include a detailed strategic plan
- b. Include a detailed time line for the first 18-36 months
- c. Include a detailed explanation of how you will gather your core
6. HOW MUCH WILL IT COST?
- a. Include a start-up budget
- b. Include a cash flow analysis
- c. Define your funding strategy
7. HOW CAN ONE BE INVOLVED?
- a. Join the Intercession prayer team
- b. Volunteer time to help
- c. Suggest potential contacts and network
- d. Give Equipment you have for project
- c. Financial support one time or monthly